This basic learn-to-sail course covers boat safety, boat care, and general boat handling on all points of sail, nomenclature, weather, self-rescue techniques, and more.
- Each class is a week long event, with either a morning or afternoon session (not both).
- The morning session is from 9:00 a.m. to Noon and the afternoon session from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Class will run Monday thru Friday.
- Maximum class size is 12 students per session.
- Classes are held at the Ludington Yacht Club, 80 Second St. Ludington, MI 49431. The Club is located near Copeyan Park, just west of Pere Pointe Condominiums.
All students, instructors, and helpers will wear approved life preservers when on the docks and on the water.
LYSS OFFERS ONE CLASS FOR ADULTS IN 2023
(18 years and older)
After ten years of requests, we're going to try an adult sailing class. These are small crafts in open water and one should expect to get wet.
Here's the deal, you must be able to swim, we will give you the same swimming test we give the kids. You have to jump off the dock with a life jacket on, swim to the dinghy, take the life jacket off, tread water and then put the life jacket back on and swim back. We're holding this class a little later in the summer, so the water will be warmer.
Life jackets are required while sailing and you must be physically fit enough to get back in a Sunfish when you tip.